Tech Zone to Twilight Zone with John Chow Dot Com Mogul

He often sports green hands and looks a little like a Chinese version of "Mort" from the old Bazooka Joe Bubble Gum Wrap cartoons, decked out in his way too high turtle neck (see the photo on his post replies, or check out his mugshot at his MyBlogLog page. It may be because he is from Vancouver, and it's cold in Canada right now.

I don't know, but I do know this, he is one smart "fortune cookie". John Chow is a self proclaimed dot com mogul. He is flamboyant, obnoxious, and entertaining all at the same time. Sort of a more accessible "Rich Jerk". But seriously, he obviously knows what he is doing. John has had much success with "The Tech Zone" website and has moved on to prove that he can make money with a blog as well, and a blow-by-blow account of how he is doing it.

I have had his website bookmarked since I started blogging, and John Chow Dot Com is a frequently visited resource as I blog. I have made reference to Chow with several posts and links to his articles. The man be knowing what he's doing. He is a master promoter, and has an insatiable ability to write, even if sometimes it appears to be in broken English.

What I like about the man is that he is brash, but also is willing to share his success with a "This is how I did it" style of writing to present his information and ideas. I have featured John on my blogs previously, not because of his marketing prowess, but because of his technology reviews.

The Chow is a master at viral marketing, linkbaiting, and anything that has to do with creating traffic. This includes the antics of "playing with his food". Read him and refer to him often. If I'm lucky I will be in his batch 1oo.