Ultimate Microsoft Replacements - Auslogics Disk Defrag

(Archived in: Open Source and Shareware Online Applications)

Series Number Three


AUSLOGICS DISK DEFRAG

This post is the third in a series pertaining to MS replacement possibilities. Along the lines of keeping your registry clean and making backups a frequent must, it makes sense to continue our review with a replacement for the MS disk defragmenter with Auslogics Disk Defrag.

After years of keeping too much junk on my computers, and now that I am starting with a clean slate, my intent is to keep things clean and running smoothly through routine maintenance with free tools like CCleaner and Auslogics Disk Defrag.

From The Website:
"Disk fragmentation leads to system slowdowns, PC crashes, slow startup and shutdown and sometimes to system failures. Auslogics Disk Defrag® is designed for fast optimization of today's modern hard disks. Get the maximum performance out of your expensive hardware investments. And it's absolutely FREE!"

This is a fairly fast running utility, easy to use with no chance of pushing the wrong button or making a mistake. Get Disk Defrag at this CNET Link to be assured of a safe download.


The screen shot above shows the Disk Defrag control panel open on my desktop. I use this tool at least once a week to defragment and check all of my drives, including my external Maxtor Drive.

If you have ever lost files and documents from a crash on you answer machine, then you know the frustration and time that is involved to rebuild lost information and find the information necessary to reinstall applications. Be sure to keep a list of your downloads and links, I find both a paper and electronic copy give me peace of mind (this from the voice of experience).

For other Digital Nomad current concepts ranging from Small Office-Home Office to learning to be self sufficient using technology, join me in my quest at The SOHO Quest, The Sovereign Journey, and The Rugged Notebooks Network.

Resources for Portable Professionals and Extreme Telecommuting