All Blogs Ranked #1 by Technorati at the Same Time on 8-04-07

(Archived in: Social Media Marketing Social Media Optimization)

15 Seconds of Fame on Technorati - Digital Nomads Was Number One! Actually, it was more like all blogs were ranked #1 by Technorati all at once for several minutes yesterday afternoon.

New friend Ev Nucci queried on MyBlogLog how the heck her blog could be ranked number "1" on Technorati. Ev had been alerted by Jace Gallaway at Internet Safety Advisor that her blog was also ranked the "best of the best of blogs".

Ev's IM to me:

"After I sent her an email telling her I was #1..she checked it out herself and saw she was #1 too! Neither one of us could figure it out so you my friend are the techie expert...so I sent you an email!"

I'm no techie, but I too had noticed that all four of my current blogging efforts were ranked "Number One", and also in the Technorati Top 100 (two lists actually). Below are two of my blogs that I managed to get screen shots of before the snafu was corrected and the high rankings evaporated into thin air.




My guess is that this was some sort of technical or system update and that we will see many postings about how (many if not all) blogs tracked by Technorati were somehow ranked at the top of the list at the same time, if only for a few fleeting moments.

If you managed to experience the thrill of hitting the top of the charts, leave a comment with a link to your post.

Resources for Portable Professionals and Extreme Telecommuting